December 7, 2016
Happy Holidays from Community Concern,
Most people, as they reflect on their life, have an innate desire to make a difference in their community or in the life of someone else.
This holiday season, make an impact right now, in your community. Help a homebound senior or an at-risk adolescent by sending a donation to Community Concern. We need your support now as we have recently been notified by the Town of Evans that, due to financial constraints, they were forced to reduce our funding by $23,000 in their 2017 budget. Your donation will make a tremendous impact and allow us to make up this critical loss, and continue to provide the vital services our community depends upon, such as:
- The Living Without Violence Program is the only program in our community for domestic violence perpetrators that is endorsed by victims’ advocates.
- The Turn-It-Around Program provides counseling to at-risk adolescents in the school, reducing truancy and substance abuse and improving academic performance.
- Community Concern’s Senior Care Management Program, which serves nearly 1 in 10 seniors annually with services and benefits that help them remain independent in their homes.
- Volunteer and CarePanion programs provide friendly visits, errands, housekeeping, and home safety to frail and homebound seniors.
- Outreach – with your support, we provide outreach to engage vulnerable seniors to available services that help them remain independent in their homes.
- The Mental Health clinic that provides counseling and psychiatry to over 900 people annually, many without health insurance or the ability to afford co-payments or deductibles.
- Demand for our services is growing at a double digit rate. Last year, Community Concern served over 1,700 people, a 24% increase from the prior year. We are on pace for similar increases this year and next.
Please partner with us in making a meaningful difference in the life of an elderly person, a struggling teenager or a victim of domestic violence. Thank you for considering a generous donation. Best wishes for a safe and happy holiday.
Fundraising Chairperson, Board of Directors
Community Concern of WNY, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and your gift is tax-deductible to the extent of the law.